I know you guys haven’t seen me around these parts. But I’ve been on vacation. Yes, your girl went to Mexico for a week with my son in tow. It was his first time out of the country and we had a blast. I’ll have a recap post and vlog for you guys soon, but today I’m giving you a peek inside of my Travel Beauty Bag. Whether it be a weekend getaway or cross country tour, you want to make sure that you have all of your beauty essentials while away. Here’s what’s currently in my travel beauty bag.
Skincare is most important to me while away. My skin goes through lots of changes from the stress of travel, change in environment and indulging in foods that I don’t eat regularly. So it’s important for me to have what I need to keep my skin under control. It’s also extremely important to have a good sunscreen made specifically for the face that will not only protect my skin, but keep oil at bay and not leave a white cast.
- Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen– Goes on smooth & silky, and sets without leaving a white cast. Keeps oil at bay, and wears well under makeup.
- Urban Skin Rx Even Tone Cleansing Bar– Perfect for travel since it’s not a liquid, but a bar soap in a jar. Clears breakouts and evens out complexion.
- Pixi Glow Tonic– My favorite toner ever. Exfoliates and cleans pores with glycolic acid for clear, glowing skin.
- Laneige Hydrating Trial Kit– This five piece K-beauty set comes with a cleanser, toner, serum, moisturizer and mask. I left the cleanser and toner home this time around. And used the Water Bank Serum and Moisture Cream to hydrate during the day under my sunscreen. The Water Sleeping Mask hydrates and refreshes my skin overnight.
- GLAMGLOW Super Mud Activated Charcoal Treatment Mask– This mask clears pores and dries out pimples almost overnight. I used it at the end of my trip to give my skin a reset before heading home. You can get the travel size mask along with a selection of other masks from the brand in this set.
- Dior Dreamskin Capture Totale– This skin perfector smooths skin and reduces fine lines and wrinkles. For me, it also clears breakouts. I use it after my moisturizer and before sunscreen. It’s uber expensive, so I ask for samples at the register in Sephora. You can also select it in the sample section when ordering online.
- Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre– I use this as a deep hydration treatment after my mud masque to bring my skin back to life.
- Too Faced Hangover 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray– Refreshes skin and sets makeup in place all day, or night.
- Tend Skin– Keeps ingrown hairs at bay and keeps your Brazilian looking clean.
- Perfume Samples– I always save perfume samples for traveling. I also visit Sephora to get a sample of my favorite vacation scent- Tocca Florence, before I leave. Just ask and they’ll give you a sample or two. They get mad if you’re greedy though lol
SHOP TRAVEL SKINCARE
I always take a little more makeup than I’ll actually use when going on vacation. Although in the daytime I don’t wear much aside from a radiant primer mixed with sunscreen, lipgloss and maybe a wash of eyeshadow. Gone are the days that I go to the beach with a full beat. It’s too hot for all of that. But sometimes I like to get a little dolled up at night. So I make sure that I have options. Along with a few travel brush sets and my BeautyBlender.
- Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow Primer– It keeps my eyeshadow on, and it’s super inexpensive. So I won’t be too bummed if I lose it.
- Urban Decay Born To Run Palette– Every eyeshadow shade you’d need from neutral to hot pink is in this palette. It will go with all of your lewks!
- Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Color Paints– These waterproof cream eyeshadows also work well as eyeliner. The matte black is my go to for a budge proof, bold wing.
- CoverGirl Full Spectrum Eyeliner– Glides on smooth and stays on all day. It’s perfect for the waterline. But may also be used to quickly line the upper lid as well for a low key glam look.
- CoverGirl Exhibitionist Mascara– I wear individual lashes when going away. But always take a waterproof mascara to define my lower lashes. This mascara does the trick without melting off.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow– Waterproof brow definer that won’t budge no matter what. Not in the tropical heat, or after a dive in the pool. My daily go to brow gel.
- L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer– I use this in Chestnut to clean up and define my brows, and conceal any dark spots if necessary.
- Benefit 24 Hour Brow Setter– This clear brow gel sets my brows and keeps the shape all day.
- BECCA Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer– Spending the day at the beach and pool can wear you out, and it shows in your eyes. This primer smooths the under eye area and reduces puffiness.
- Laura Mercier Radiance Bronze Primer– Perfect for Melanin Rich skin. This primer keeps oil at bay and gives the skin a sun-kissed, bronze glow.
- Cover FX Custom Cover Drops– These concentrated pigment drops can be mixed with a medium of your choice- moisturizer, sunscreen, face oil or primer. I mix one drop with the Radiance Bronze Primer. A single drop will give you barely there, my skin but better coverage. While 2-3 drop provides full coverage. I usually use N110. But the shades have recently been changed and I don’t have a match anymore. You can find the old shades here though.
- BECCA Ultimate Coverage Longwear Concealer– Lightweight and extremely pigmented. I use Nutmeg to conceal my under eye circles.
- Fenty Beauty Match Stix Matte Skinstick– This skinstick applies smooth and blends easily. Espresso is the perfect shade for a natural looking contour.
- Fenty Beauty Mini Instant Retouch Setting Powder– Blurs pores and absorbs oil. The mini size is perfect for your travel bag or your purse. I use the shade Nutmeg.
- Jordana Powder Blush– Cinnamon Spice is gorgeous on dark skin. And at less than 10 bucks you won’t be upset if you lose it or break it. Maybe, since it’s hard to find these days.
- Juvia’s Place The Tribe Highlighter Vol 2– Glow like an Oscar statue. Extremely pigmented and smooth, this shimmering champagne gold looks gorgeous on chocolate skin.
- BECCA Chocolate Geode Highlighter– Rich chocolate brown with gold pearl. This highlighter will have you looking like you were kissed by the sun. A Sun Goddess.
- Nude Glosses + Brown Liner– I take a variety of nude glosses to wear during the day and a brown liner to amp up the look for nighttime. I actually use a brown eyeliner as it wears better than lipliner. MUFE Aqua XL in M60 works perfectly. My current go to nude glosses are Mented Send Nudes, MAC Oh Baby and BECCA Rose Gold.
- Bold & Bright Lipsticks– I always take a selection of bold, bright lipsticks to match my swimsuits and wear at night. Although this trip I didn’t wear any of them. Shocking right?! Anyway, I took MAC Lady Danger, MUFE Artist Liquid Matte in Deep Red, Colored Raine Suite Rain (discontinued) and NYX Soft Matte Metallic Lip Cream in Seoul.
- Fenty Beauty Brown Sugar Body Lava– I pumped a generous amount of this body luminizer into a travel sized container to take along. I mix it with my body sunscreen to give my skin an all over, sun kissed glow.
SHOP TRAVEL MAKEUP
I usually style my TWA using the Shingling Method before I go. And I never have to do my hair over while away. Just add shine and gel my edges. However, you never know what may happen. Like a big splash in the pool that completely destroys your hair. Therefore, I always bring styling products in my travel beauty bag just in case. Along with my brush, a pick and edges toothbrush. Sample size packets takes up the least space.
- Palmer’s Natural Fusions Micellar Rose Water Cleanser– Leaves hair squeaky clean with a single wash, without drying it out. And it smells divine.
- Palmer’s Natural Fusion’s Lavender Rose Water Conditioner– Softens and moisturizes leaving hair feeling refreshed.
- Miss Jessie’s Leave In Conditioner– Makes hair easy to detangle, while moisturizing. Use a very small amount to avoid build up as the product is very thick.
- Miss Jessie’s Coily Custard– Moisturizes and defines coils without leaving the hair crunchy.
- EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel– Mix with the Coily Custard to give hair more hold. Also great for light edge control.
- Gorilla Snot Gel– Leaves the edges LAID. Even in the Caribbean heat.
- Jane Carter Curls To Go Shine On– Seals in moisture and adds shine.
SHOP TRAVEL HAIRCARE
Keep in mind that you can only pack 1 quart sized bag of liquid products 3.4 oz and smaller in your carry on bag. So you’ll have to buy travel sized products, or smaller containers to switch your larger sized products into. I pack my liquids in these quart sized toiletry bags, separate from everything else in my travel beauty bag.
WHAT’S IN YOUR TRAVEL BEAUTY BAG?