I know Spring has barely sprung but Summer will be here before you know it. When it comes down to makeup in those hot, humid Summer months remember less is more. All you need is a hand full of products to maximize your Summer look, all of which can be found right at the drugstore!
1. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream Push aside the heavy foundation and opt for a BB Cream. I love this one from Maybelline. It’s light on the skin, contains sunscreen and has skin fixing ingredients in the mix. A regular old tinted moisturizer will do the trick too!
2. Milani TANTastic Face & Body Baked Bronzer A good bronzer will give you that golden goddess glow and doubles as a blush. I love this one from Milani since it has great pigmentation and can be used all over the body.
3. Maybelline Vivids Lipstick A super bright lip will take your look from boring to banging and will make you the center of attention. I’m in love with the Maybelline Vivids Lipsticks, Hot Plum is gorgeous. Milani also has a ton of fun Summer shades in their Color Statement Lineup. I highly recommend Rose Hip, Flamingo Pose, High Voltage and Sweet Nectar.
4. CoverGirl Lashblast Waterproof Volumizing Mascara Keep your lips as the focus of attention but you must play up your eyes as well. A few coats of a volumizing mascara will do the trick to make your lashes appear full and luscious. Make sure it’s waterproof and it will last through sweat and beach/pool fun. I love the CoverGirl Lashblast line.
5. Essie Resort Collection 2013 First Timer Finish off your look with a bright mani & pedi. Pantone named Emerald the color of the year, but you can just keep it in the green color family with mints and limes included. Essie First Timer from the Resort 2013 Collection is a beauty.
Great picks! I love polishes in that shade. I have Essie’s Tuquoise and Caicos, which is similar
Thanks Kim. I wanted that shade so bad but I have a ton of shades in this color family 🙂
i would like to try this BB cream soon. My friends say it’s a good product. nice post!
Thank you. I love this BB Cream! xo
thanks for sharing; i am going to try the BB cream, i’ve never worn one and sometimes the temperatures get too hot here in Jamaica for foundation.
No problem. Let me know how you like it if you try it!
I also have Essie’s Tuquoise and Caicos and LOVE LOVE LOVE Covergirl Lashblast. However, I haven’t gotten into BB cream – should I ?
Yes, you should at least give it a try. When you can find a match for your skin tone they are great! 🙂
I liked the Maybelline BB creme but it was too light for my complexion. I never know where to apply bronzer but I would love to try it this summer. I also love the Maybelline vivids in Brazen Berry.
I like to use Bronzer to contour but an easy way to remember where to apply is wherever the sun hits 😉