Happy Monday Sweeties. So it was relaxer time again.. Yes, again. With this short cut I have to relax my hair every 4-5 weeks, and the nape every other week. Or it is NOT a good look. After combing out my set, I realized that the back was getting too long where it was growing out of the style. Now I’ve been trimming my hair since I’ve gotten it cut back in September. But I’ve been afraid to go for the gusto and take a clippers to my head to do a full self haircut. I keep a full set of clippers in my house and a T-outliner since I cut my son’s hair at home. And I am pretty used to cutting my own hair, inches at a time with barber scissors. But besides a line up here and there, I’ve never taken the clippers to my own head. Well I thought what the hell I need a cut. So I just did it.
I used a 3/4 inch guide comb attachment to cut down the back and the sides. Then used the t-outliner to shape the nape and sideburns, and barber scissors to trim the rest as necessary. I am very happy with the results and have been receiving a ton of compliments.
I cut it down a little shorter than the original cut on the back and sides but basically left the top long. I didn’t have time to curl it the way I wanted to this morn so I just threw in a few curls, finger combed and went on my merry way. I love my self haircut.
Here is my FOTD. Nothing fancy. But good enough and super quick since I was running late.
- VS Pro Airbrush FX Face Primer SPF20
- Revlon ColorStay Foundation in Cappuccino
- Ben Nye Neutral Set Setting Powder
- NARS Blush in Outlaw
- Sleek Dark Face Contour Powder
- Sena Liquid Ice Drops to Highlight
- MAC e/s in Nocturnelle all over lid
- MAC e/s in Sketch on outer v and blended into crease
- MAC e/s in Soft Brown to blend crease
- E.L.F. Creme eyeliner in Black on upper lash line & waterline
- Maybelline Volume Express The Falsies Mascara in Very Black
- Wet n’ Wild Ultimate Brow Kit in Ash, MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW45 and Senna Brow Fix X to define brows
- Eos Lipbalm in Lemon Drop
- Rimmel l/s in Airy Fairy
- MAC lustreglass in Star Nova