Heat is not good for your hair. Too much heat from styling tools such as blow dryers, straightening and curling irons causes heat damage. Heat damage is characterized by severe split ends and dry hair causing breakage due to damaged hair cuticles. If you use these styling tools on a regular basis it is very important to use a heat protectant to protect your hair from the extreme temperatures. I was contacted by Misikko to review some products from their online store, and when I saw that they were heat protectants, I quickly accepted. I am always on the search for the perfect heat protectant that will protect my hair while heat styling, without weighing it down or making it greasy. In comes Chi Silk Infusion and Hana Shine Shield.
Chi Silk Infusion
- Leave in, alcohol free reconstructing treatment
- Enriched with pure natural silk, wheat and soy proteins
- For soft manageable hair with incredible shine and no build up
- Protects the hair against thermal styling and environment
Hana Shine Shield
- Lightweight leave-in conditioning therapy
- Designed to protect and restore both hair and scalp from environmental and styling stress
- Jojoba absorbs quickly without a greasy feel for thorough deep conditioning
- Jojoba naturally dissolves soil, removing build-up from other styling products to leave hair clean & supple
- Jojoba naturally excels at thickening keratin layers, bringing out your hair’s natural color overtones, highlights and brilliance
- Periodic use over time is proven to advance the quality of your hair & the health of your scalp
I was due to take down my install after 3 months, and was going to need some serious heat when styling my hair to get it back to my “norm.” I figured this would be the perfect time to give the Chi Silk Infusion and Hana Shine Shield a try. After taking down my install, my hair looked like this. I relaxed my hair and gave it a deep conditioning protein treatment with these….
While my hair was wet, I took a dime sized amount of the Chi Silk Infusion, rubbed it between my palms and applied it throughout my hair evenly, paying special attention to my ends. I then proceeded to blow my hair out and noticed that it was shiny and silky with less frizz then usual. I then went on to trim about an inch off of my ends and my bangs and took a dime sized amount of the Hana Shine Shield and applied it evenly throughout my hair and scalp. I then used my FHI Heat Technique Flat Iron to straighten and style my hair. Here’s the final result.
I was very happy with how my hair turned out. It was shiny, bouncy and overall very healthy looking. The products did not weigh down my hair and left it extremely moisturized without being greasy. For now on the Chi Silk Infusion and Hana Shine Shield will remain a permanent part of my hair arsenal. I highly recommend both products.
Chi Silk Infusion retails for $12.99 for 2 ounces. The Hana Shine Shield is currently on sale for $29.99 for 6 ounces, but retails for about $49.99 which is pretty steep. Although the price is high, you only need a very small amount so this bottle will last me forever.