I Tried An Epilator Brazilian. Here’s How It Went.

I tried an epilator for the first time. If you don’t know what an epilator is, it’s an electronic device used to remove hair by mechanically grasping multiple hairs simultaneously and snatching them from the root. Similar to waxing. For my epilation test drive I decided to do an Epilator Brazilian. Brave? Yeah I know. #NewYearNewMe so why not try new things. Besides, I wanted to see if I really had that S on my chest. Here’s the backstory…

I don’t like hair unless it’s on my head. And I don’t like too much of it there either. I especially don’t like pubic hair. If this is TMI for you stop reading now. I used to shave but I would always nick myself and the hair grew back super coarse. Mind you I have very coarse hair to begin with. So I’ve been not so regularly getting Brazilian Waxes for the last 10 years.

I hate getting a Brazilian Wax though. Whoever said that the pain gets easier to deal with over time lied. That ish always hurts. And unless you find a good groupon deal, upkeep can get very expensive. I used to get a wax every 3-5 weeks. Now I only stick to this schedule in the Summer. The rest of the year I get a wax about every 10 weeks unless I’m going on vacation. And I do maintenance with clippers to keep the hair low in between visits.

Now back to the epilator. I’ve had a Panasonic Wet/Dry Epilator sitting in a drawer for about 3 years. PR sent it to me and I totally forgot about it. I had never used an epilator before and got cold feet after doing some research. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, I found the epilator and decided to give it a try. I was curious to see how it compared to waxing. After browsing through the manual, I figured out what attachments I needed to use and got started. I decided to do dry epilation so that I can easily hold my skin tight for better hair removal.

I started at the bikini line with the Gentile Epilator Head. It wasn’t painful at all. I just felt a little pinching. Next I moved on to the Dual Disc Epilator Head with the Gentile Cap, and decided to start in the center. Now if you’ve ever gotten a wax you’d know that this is the most painful area because of the nerve endings. As instructed, I slowly glided the epilator across the area and immediately stopped. It hurt like hell. Same intensity as waxing. But worse since you’re moving slower. I decided to suck it up and carry on.

Once I got past this area the pain became less intense. It actually was more of an uncomfortable sensation than pain. I switched between the Gentile Cap and Fast Cap to move things along quicker. Now I thought the labia would hurt the most. Especially the inner labia. But it barely hurt at all. I guess I was numb at this point.

Epilating the labia was more awkward than anything. I had to lift my legs and fold my body into uncomfortable positions in order to hold the skin tight and remove all of the hair. Holding the skin as tight as possible in this area is very important as your skin can get pinched in the epilator. This actually happened to me a couple of times. It wasn’t painful, just scary. The skin didn’t rip or anything. It just kind of gets sucked in and the rollers stop moving. When you turn the epilator off, the skin comes right out without force. The first time it happened I stopped breathing as  I thought I ripped off a patch of cooch. But all was well.

It took me about an hour to complete my Epilator Brazilian as I was very careful, and tried my best to get every hair. The test drive was a success. My lady bits were smooth and hairless, just like when I get a Brazilian Wax. There were a few stray hairs that were too short to grasp, but this happens when I get a wax as well. I just tweeze them since it’s such a small amount and I don’t like the look of stray hairs. I finished off the job with a layer of Tend Skin to calm the skin.

After two weeks, the hair is just growing back in. So I would say that the results last about as long as a Brazilian Wax. I plan to continue to do epilation in lieu of waxing on the regular. I’ll treat myself to a wax on occasion.

Have you tried an Epilator Brazilian? Would you try it?

Product(s) in this post were provided for review consideration. See my Disclosure page for additional information.

1. mm
    01.16.2018 / 11:44 am

whew you are tough! i almost fainted reading this. lol
    Thanks for this post, very informative

01.16.2018 / 9:32 pm

I almost fainted when the skin got stuck lol. You’re welcome!

2. 01.16.2018 / 2:53 pm

I absolutely hate getting waxes so I might try this one out! Great post!

Trecee

01.16.2018 / 9:31 pm

Thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed this post. If you try it, let me know how it works out for you!

• GlamGirl
        05.11.2018 / 7:49 am

My experience with epilating that area was precisely the same! Great description of the process… had me giggling to myself be abuse I could totally relate!😄 There arent many brave enough to venture this method however, it’s an effective and less expensive solution.

3. Y. Bennett
    01.16.2018 / 9:30 pm

This was informative as I am still trying to see what my best options are in this area but your post is too funny! I LoL’d the entire time reading!

01.16.2018 / 11:54 pm

Lol I’m glad that you enjoyed my post!

4. Tiffany
    01.17.2018 / 12:29 am

I was dead @ “patch of cooch”, but I think I might have to try this.

01.17.2018 / 10:26 am

Girlll I was dead when I thought I lost a patch! lol

5. Charyn
    01.17.2018 / 12:16 pm

OMG, this was hilarious and informative! A VERY honest review and I just about fainted too when I read about the skin getting sucked up! (my coworkers were staring at me while I howled at my desk!) I’m all about convenience, so if this produces the same results as waxing, I’m going to have to try it.

01.17.2018 / 11:07 pm

Lol it was quite scary. But the results were worth it. I figure I should be able to master the process after the third time. Let me know your opinion if you decide to try it!

6. 01.18.2018 / 3:52 pm

Hello, please how do you handle bumps after either waxing or epilating?

01.18.2018 / 11:57 pm

I exfoliate regularly to try and avoid them, and use the Tend Skin to clear them up.

7. Kim
    01.19.2018 / 9:13 am

I think I’ll just have to stick with waxing. Oh my goodness. But thanks for the honest reviews. My Russian lady takes care of me in less than 10 minutes. I whistle my way right on out the door. Literally! Lol

01.19.2018 / 10:41 am

Lol I had a Russian Lady do mine once and it was indeed the quickest and least painful wax ever!

8. 08.08.2018 / 1:06 am

I finally did a Brazilian today with my epilator. I have done my legs and underarms for awhile now, and tested epilating the bikini line dry. I opted for a mirror in the shower. I tried the “sensitive” attachment and found it was more painful then just using the standard. I also found that the most sensitive area was easier to get through in short And quick movements. I have I have a trick to prevent ingrown hairs for my underarms which is “clean and clear toner” the kind with salicylic acid… super cheap especially if you can get a store brand. I used this and we will see… I’ve used it after waxing and never had an issue… but you are so right… exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate!

08.08.2018 / 8:41 pm

I’m glad everything turned out well.Thanks for the toner recommendation. I still use TendSkin and it can be a bit expensive. I’ve been doing Sugar Brazilians lately. I’ll do a rundown and review soon! xo

9. Marie
    11.04.2018 / 7:55 am

It’s so funny that just about a year ago I was hoping to get a real full review on Brazilian epilating! Where were you at when I needed you lol jk. My prayers have been answered thank you so much! I will be buying mine soon.

11.04.2018 / 8:02 am

Lol this post is almost a year old. You’re welcome and good luck!