Fall Lip Pick: The Lip Bar Savage Matte Liquid Lipstick

The Lip Bar Savage

I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect chocolate brown nude lipstick. I’ve finally found it y’all. The Lip Bar Savage is exactly what I was looking for. It compliments my chocolate skin oh so well, and it’s the perfect shade for Fall. I’ll be wearing Savage all year round though. Don’t get it twisted.

The Lip Bar Savage

The Lip Bar Savage

The Lip Bar Savage Swatch

The Lip Bar Savage is a chocolate brown matte with warm undertones. Savage looks amazing on chocolate skin, but will look great on all complexions and skin tones. It applies smooth, creamy and opaque in one coat, yet dries down fast to a budge-proof, matte finish. The lipstick wears well for hours until you eat something oily. Then you’ll have to touch it up. And it is not drying like a lot of matte lipsticks can be. When removed my lips feel soft and amazing with no cracking or peeling in sight. Here is how it looks on…

The Lip Bar Savage Dark Skin

See, I told y’all Savage is the perfect nude brown for us chocolate sistas. It also looks amazing with MAC Raizin Blush, my everyday blush. The Lip Bar lipsticks are vegan and made with natural ingredients. Each lipstick is enriched with shea butter, avocado oil, coconut oil and vitamin E for maximum moisture.

Available at Target (online only now available in stores) & The Lip Bar $11.80-$13

The product(s) in this post was purchased with my own money.  See my Disclosure page for additional information.

1. Kwmechelle
    11.21.2016 / 11:14 am

You had me at “available at Target!” Love when I can find a quality product on the ground without having to order online, pay shipping & handling, & waiting. Def going on the hunt for this one. Looks great on you!

11.21.2016 / 11:33 am

Thank you so much. It’s actually only available at Target online, not in stores. Sorry hun, I’ll update the post!

2. Lisa
    11.21.2016 / 11:56 am

This reminds me of a matte MAC Paramount. Very pretty I’m wearing it today. Wonder how close they actually are?

11.21.2016 / 1:21 pm

I’m not sure as I don’t own Paramount. They do look similar though.

3. 11.23.2016 / 4:34 am

Yes!! What a fabulous colour on you. I came across Lip Bar and receive their newsletter – to no doubt wind myself up and remind myself the US have some great things. I may have to order and get my US hook up to ship it LOL! Gorgeous shade xo

11.23.2016 / 5:23 pm

Lol it will look great on you. I want the color that Taraji wore next!

4. Melissa
    11.27.2016 / 10:22 am

Your hair looks great. The lippie looks very nice on you. Coincidentally, I’m going to Target today. That scarf is fab too!

11.27.2016 / 5:40 pm

Thank you so much hun! 🙂

5. Pamela D Thompson
    11.10.2018 / 7:39 pm

The lipstick looks amazing on you. The Lip Bar website states it is now available at the Target stores. I just picked it up at my local Target store. I had to ask a clerk for it because the display is small and it was not label yet. I came here for your beautiful hair deets. My hair is about the same length and I needed some inspiration. Thank you so much. I love your site and love that you have the type of hair that most naturals want to see.

11.12.2018 / 10:39 am

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. Yes, as of this year The Lip Bar is now available in stores as well. I’ve updated the post xo