Your 4C Natural Hair Is Fly AF, So Let Your Fro Glow, Queen

The last few weeks have been hard as I’ve been dealing with the sudden lost of a loved one. I haven’t been wanting to comb my hair at all, let alone style it. It’s been almost a month since I washed it, which is unheard of for me. I’ve been letting my natural texture rock and I love the look of it. No manipulation in the form of finger coils, twists, roller sets, etc. Straight up steam from the shower and a curl refresher spray for moisture. I love my type 4c natural hair and texture. I have a number of tutorials to teach other 4c naturalistas how to style and manage their tresses. But I want to make sure you guys know how beautiful your hair is. How versatile it is. How unique it is. Even in it’s natural state, sans manipulation.

Beautiful 4c Natural Hair

4c Natural Hair Is Beautiful

In my opinion, we don’t get enough love in the natural hair community. That’s why I go so hard doing tutorials and product reviews to make sure 4c naturalistas know how to work with their hair. To make sure that they can see how beautiful 4c natural hair is. It’s absolutely gorgeous. Tightly coiled. Thick. Afro texture. Like black cotton candy.

4c Natural Hair Is Versatile

Our hair is strong and versatile. We can create many different styles without fear of it unraveling or not holding. 4c natural hair is the perfect texture for protective styles like braids and weaves. They lasts and look fresh for longer periods of time without slipping or getting frizzy. We can rock a wash n’ go, or comb it out into a fro. Finger Coils, Roller Sets, Twist Outs, Braid Outs- the options are endless.

Type 4 Hair Is Unique

Type 4 coils can’t be confused with any other hair type. It’s the strongest texture, able to support the most intricate of hairstyles. And the styling options are endless. We can switch it up from a head full of tight coils to a Pam Grier fro with the quickness. Then throw in some box braids. Or maybe Goddess Locs… Marley Twists, Cornrows. Any style we want.

4c Naturalista, your hair is fly AF. So let your Fro Glow, Queen.

1. Tam
    10.22.2016 / 8:16 am

Sorry to hear about your loss.
    I keep my fro kinda low…LOL…It started getting matted and tangled in knots as it grew out so I cut it again – I prefer very low maintenance hair. Your hair looks great!
    Thanks for the post!

10.22.2016 / 2:08 pm

Thank you so much luv, and you’re very welcome. I’m with you, I love mine short and low maintenance as well. It’s important to detangle on the regular (wet and with conditioner) to avoid knots 🙂

2. Juanita Reyes
    10.22.2016 / 1:33 pm

I have 4c hair and mine looks nothing like yours. I’m jealous.

10.22.2016 / 2:09 pm

No no no, don’t be jealous. Everyone’s hair is different, love yours for what it is! xo

3. Rumbidzai Makoni
    10.24.2016 / 2:27 am

Sorry for your loss Erica. Thank you for this post, I have 4C hair and I am at a point where I am feeling so uninspired. Yours looks good. Where I live products are so expensive and nothing made locally here is really any good for hair- loaded with sulphates and petroleum etc :/ for the most part. It just make the maintenance that bit more difficult…..but I’m inspired to keep at it. I love your blog.

10.24.2016 / 1:04 pm

Thank you so much. Keep experimenting with your hair until you find the regimen that works best for you. It’s trial and error, and a learning process hun. Best of luck with your natural hair journey! xo

4. Jan
    10.24.2016 / 8:16 pm

I’m sorry for your loss. I have 4c hair and I wear it the same way yours is in the picture. This is my second big chop. The first time i spent way too much time trying to manipulate it into a texture that it wasn’t. Now I’m more comfortable wearing it as is and I’m enjoying the journey.

10.24.2016 / 10:31 pm

Thank you so much.I’m so glad that you’re enjoying your natural hair journey this time around 🙂

5. Veronica G Thompson
    11.05.2016 / 10:59 pm

Sorry for your lost. My prayers go up for you and your family. Would you recommend a color rinse for partially gray natural.

11.07.2016 / 12:52 am

Thank you so much. I would say it depends on how often you wash your hair. I usually wash my hair every 7-10 days which is pretty often, so I feel a rinse wouldn’t last very long.

6. Country Girl
    11.13.2016 / 4:03 pm

Sorry for your lose. I love all of your natural hairstyles.

11.13.2016 / 9:34 pm

Thank you so much! 🙂

7. Jc
    10.20.2017 / 12:43 pm

Hey i like your look, i have the saw kind of hair and was wondering how to maintain the finger coils

8. Marion
    02.09.2018 / 7:01 pm

I have 5c hair and I try different products to make it look nice and curly but it always looks dry and dull and curls will not lock in

9. Pinks
    09.24.2018 / 5:39 pm

Your inspiration for kinky hair girls is without limits. Thank you for being a nubian Goddess to our community

09.24.2018 / 6:07 pm

You’re very welcome xo

10. G.G
    09.27.2018 / 9:42 pm

I cut my hair very low can you recommend a gel for me. Sorry for your loss you are in my prayers. G.G.

09.28.2018 / 1:17 pm