Another Way To Accessorize Your TWA

accessorize your TWA with a statement necklace

I love me some earrings, the bigger the better. Throw in an eccentric pattern and some color, and I’m all over it. When I was planning the big chop my first thought was that I’m going to need a ton of big earrings to accessorize so that I won’t look like a boy. Since I tend to keep my accessories to a minimum I never really thought about using statement necklaces, but that has since changed. A statement necklace is a perfect way to accessorize your TWA.

TWA Statement NecklaceWearing MAC Vegas Volt Lipstick

I don’t know why it took me so long to get into statement necklaces but I am currently obsessed and have been looking for pieces to curate a little collection. I purchased this Etched Bib Necklace from Forever 21 and I absolutely love it.

Forever 21 Statement Necklace

I even wore it without earrings and I barely ever go out without earrings… but the rule is either or when rocking a statement necklace. You should wear small earrings that won’t take away from the necklace or none at all. Here are a few more statement necklaces from Forever 21 to accessorize your TWA.

Are you a fan of using statement necklaces to accessorize your TWA?

The product(s) in this post was purchased with my own money.  See my Disclosure page for additional information.

1. 08.25.2015 / 7:37 pm

You loom wonderful, I’m loving the hair. I actually sell jewelry for Traci Lynn Fashion Jewelry. I would appreciate if you checked out my website.

08.25.2015 / 7:58 pm

Thank you.

2. 08.26.2015 / 1:42 pm

That may be the rule for you but I love wearing big earrings whether I’m wearing a necklace or not. Fashion and style is no fun is you follow, old dated “rules”. Just my opinion tho. Love the necklace!

08.26.2015 / 10:57 pm

I do wear big earrings with certain necklaces as shown below, but in MY opinion wearing large earrings with this necklace would have taken away from the beauty of it. The necklace makes a statement enough on it’s own. But like you said, that’s just YOUR opinion in which you are entitled to just like I am entitled to my own. Whether you follow fashion “rules” or not, some things just don’t look right. Wearing a statement necklace with large statement earrings is a no go. Thank you and thanks for commenting.

3. Lydia
    08.27.2015 / 12:27 am

I have that same rule because it just doesn’t look right to me either which is why I almost always wear earrings. However lately I’ve been wearing my studs so I may start wearing statement necklaces but necklaces have just never been my thing even though I have a lot of them.

08.27.2015 / 11:57 am

I can totally relate!

4. Nicole
    08.27.2015 / 2:41 pm

I think I go with the rule and it just doesn’t look right but I love the look of the picture you put in the commentI’m not a fan of large earrings anyway.

08.27.2015 / 11:37 pm

Thank you!

5. 08.28.2015 / 2:36 am

This is so beautiful! Im obsessed with big statement necklaces and yours is beautiful. I kind want to get myself into big statement earrings. But for some reason I don’t think they suit me.

08.28.2015 / 11:30 am

Thank you so much hun, and statement earrings will look amazing on your gorgeous face! xo

6. Akosua
    08.31.2015 / 7:54 am

Hey Erica! I totally agree! When I’m wearing a statement necklace, I wear simple smaller earrings as well. I was told long ago by an ex-boyfriend that smaller earrings make your neck look longer as well, he was right!
    Keep doing your thing, you look amazing!!! 🙂

08.31.2015 / 12:51 pm