Dry, Thirsty Hair No More: The Ultimate Drugstore Deep Conditioner

As old man Winter approaches coming to take his annual toll on my hair, I just had to share with you guys my secret for maintaining moisturized, shiny tresses. During the Winter months my hair tends to get very dry and brittle due to the dry air and hats absorbing any moisture left. No matter what I use I always come back to this, my holy grail drugstore deep conditioning treatment, Queen Helene Cholesterol. Say goodbye to the Winter Hair Blues!

"Queen Helene Cholesterol Cream"

Whether relaxed or natural, Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream will leave your hair super moisturized, shiny and smooth. I either use it by itself or mixed with Olive Oil for extra moisture. When I need protein I mix it with my Mega Tek and when I am experiencing shedding I also add my Nutrine Garlic Conditioner. I cover my hair with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes. When I rinse it out my hair feels so silky and it’s easy to comb through, no tangles. After I dry and style my hair it’s super shiny.

The Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream comes in different formulations such as Super Cholesterol and Cholesterol w/ Ginseng. It also comes as a hot oil treatment which also has many different formulas including Ginseng & Tea Tree Oil (my absolute fave), Olive Oil, Placenta, and Jojoba.

"Queen Helene Cholesterol Hot Oil Treatment"

Both retail for about $3 and can be purchased in your local drugstore or beauty supply store.

Have you ever used Queen Helene Cholesterol Products?

1. 12.05.2011 / 2:07 pm

Yes I have used their products. I only used the conditioner once a few years ago, but I should give it a try again. I just used the hot oil treatment last week.

• Mz More
      12.05.2011 / 2:10 pm

You should definitely give it a shot and it’s good for kids too. My mom used to use it on my hair when I was little.

2. Shante
    12.05.2011 / 2:42 pm

Where do you purchase the Nutrine Garlic Conditioner from?

• Mz More
      12.05.2011 / 2:51 pm

I always find it at my local beauty supply store. If you can’t find it there, it’s also sold on Amazon

3. aaminahs mom
    12.05.2011 / 2:54 pm

I love Queen Helen products~never seen the hot oil in my area .I am going to look a little harder next time.Whenever I use Cholesterol I let it set on my hair as long as possible. Smells wonderful too!bonus 🙂

• Mz More
      12.05.2011 / 3:34 pm

Yup, no harm in leaving it in longer. When your hair is saturated, it will just stop absorbing. If you can’t find the hot oil treatment in a bottle, try looking for the smaller packs. They usually come in packs of 3 and sometimes individually 🙂

4. 12.05.2011 / 4:15 pm

I have used the conditioner and I thought it was ok. My all time favorite drug store deep conditioner is from Africa’s Best and is called Organics Hair Mayonnaise. It is very creamy and works wonders on my hair. I have really dry hair and live in Minnesota where the winters can be cruel, so this helps keep my hair looking great and healthy : )

• Mz More
      12.05.2011 / 4:19 pm

I’ve seen that before but never used it. I’ve used the Organic Root Stimulator version of Hair Mayonnaise though. That is my second fave drugstore conditioner, it is just getting so darn expensive lol. I will have to try the Africa’s Best one. Thx 🙂

5. 12.07.2011 / 10:18 pm

I may need to try this. I’m currently looking for a product to help keep my hair moisturized. I just recently purchased the hot oil treatment that is Jojoba oil.

• Mz More
      12.08.2011 / 12:13 am

I’ve tried that one before. Let me know how you like it.