Want To Know How I Style My Hair? See This Video for a Step-by-Step Tutorial

I get asked a lot about my hair and how I style it. So in this tutorial I will show you guys how I style my hair from relaxing to the final style.

Products Used To Style My Hair

Mizani Butter Blend (lye formula) For Normal Hair

Motions Neutralizing Shampoo

Fantasia High Potency IC Olive Moisturizing Sheen Spray/Hair Polisher

Clairol Jazzing Semi-Permanent Hair Color in Bluest Black

Nutrine Garlic Shampoo & Conditioner

Fantasia High Potency IC Leave in Moisturizer Hair & Scalp Treatment with Aloe

Chi Silk Infusion

Motions Wrap & Setting Lotion

Creme of Nature Argan Oil Replenishing Sheen Spray

Find me on: Instagram

1. 10.26.2011 / 10:49 am

Firstly- loving the NY accent! giving me a taste of the tri-state especially since I am a little home sick here in Florida. And ofcourse thanks for the Silky Wraps pic at the end.

Great video! very thorough and shows you can get it done nice without going to a salon. Wish I had this vid over the summer when I had my hair cut like that–got frustrated and now wearing clip-ins lol. Also thanks for the tip with using the oil sheen before coloring.

Very goood job ma!

• Mz More
      10.26.2011 / 10:57 am

Lol I am glad you can hear the NY accent, I get everything but New York. No problem for adding the Silky Wraps pic, I use it every night and it has definitely been maintaining my style, I’m still loving it!

Thank you and you can definitely hook your hair up without stepping foot in a salon. All it takes is time, patience and practice. I learned about the oil sheen the hard way when I would stain my edges and can’t wear my hair back for a few days 😕

2. 10.26.2011 / 11:35 am

You did NOT seem happy about going back under the dryer (at the 4:46 mark) LMAO! I didn’t mean to laugh but it reminded me of me when I get my hair done smh.

You would think with the amount of hair we have, it would cut the time down in half, but noooo…it does not smh.

Good tutorial! I would love to see a tutorial on how you curl it (like how you had it for your birthday) 🙂

• Mz More
      10.26.2011 / 12:11 pm

Lol I am never happy to go under the dryer but now I roll it next to the computer and catch up on blogs to kill the time.

Yeah it’s crazy, I’m damn near badl and after 1.5 hours hair still wet *sigh* lol

Thanks girlie. I will do that one as the next hair tutorial. Let’s see if I can get it exactly the same lol 🙂

3. rucksack
    10.29.2011 / 6:12 pm

Hello ms more. I live in the north west of england where it’s hard to find a lot of the products that you advocate/ use on your blog. It would be great if you could post a tutorial about cutting AND wrapping hair for people like me who live hundreds of miles away from hair salons which cater for afro hair using the bare miminmum of products. My poor anglo-scottish husband has already learnt how to relax my hair (think he might divorce me if I ask him to style it too!), so any tips would be greatly appreciated! Very best wishes and thanks for a fabulous blog.

• Mz More
      10.29.2011 / 6:21 pm

Thank you and thanks for stopping by and commenting. I totally understand where you are coming from. I can do a video on cutting your own hair at home when it is time for me to trim mine. Once you get the hang of it it’s pretty easy 🙂

4. rucksack
    10.29.2011 / 6:35 pm

Hello mz more. Thanks so much for the speedy response – much appreciated (and unexpected!). Will look out for your video on hair cutting with much interest – would save a 240 mile round trip to a decent salon and aggravating my poor husband! Very best wishes.

5. Elane
    11.26.2011 / 11:37 pm

Hi!
    I had read and watch your video then try what I had learn on my hair and it turns out awesome. My classmate do like it and even my friends. Since the day I started having my hair styled like the way you do I get lots of compliments from the people around me. A huge box filled with so much gratefulness for you Mz More.

• Mz More