Tutorial: How To Cover A Tattoo With Makeup

I love tattoos! I have 3, well technically 4 because one is a cover up and I really want a few more. In case you haven’t noticed, I have a huge tattoo on my left arm. On certain occasions such as really formal events, I do not want my tattoo visible so I cover it up. It’s pretty easy!

1. 05.24.2011 / 9:44 am

WOW!! Thats a great a tutorial! It completely covered the tattoo

Priss

2. 05.24.2011 / 10:03 am

gr8 job!

xoxo elle

3. Tysh
    05.24.2011 / 10:53 am

WOW that looks great, I have to watch the video later at home

4. 05.24.2011 / 11:40 am

Wow! That’s soo cool! lol!

just a random question, how many of those colour wheel things do you use per outting? It seems like you’ve use almost all of it for just that one tattoo! It must really cost a bit to cover it, huh?

• Mz. More
      05.24.2011 / 12:10 pm

No, not at all hon. I barely put a dent in the wheel. It just looks like I am using so much because the creme is so thick. The more feasible thing to do was to scrape some out and put it on a mixing palette (which I forgot to bring out.) The wheel will last a very long time and the foundation forever!

5. 05.24.2011 / 11:54 am

Perfect! My friend was asking me how to cover up her tattoo which is super big on her hand. So thanks for this!

6. 05.24.2011 / 5:11 pm

I love u tatoos honey,great ttorial wish I had the balls to have one done-Im too scared hehe

• Mz. More
      05.26.2011 / 12:54 pm

lol It hurts initially and then the pain subsides a bit. Once you get one it becomes addictive!

7. 05.24.2011 / 8:04 pm

Great tutorial! You did an amazing job. I have a tiny one on my wrist I will eventually need to cover occasionally!

8. 05.25.2011 / 1:26 pm

Wonderful! Now I can charge full-steam ahead into tattoos 2, 3, and 4!

• Mz. More
      05.26.2011 / 12:55 pm

lol Now that’s what I’m talking about!

9. Jeni
    06.01.2011 / 12:20 am

WAO!!! I was at my American Government class and we have to do a presentation as if we are interviewing for a really big position. One of the “pet peeves” of our instructor was to make sure and cover tattoos because it sends the wrong impression. Since its HOT and we want to dress up for the occassion (which is an interview)but, at the same talking, wear something according to the weather, covering up tattoos this way is an awesome idea.

I personally dont have any tattoos but I will definitely pass this video on to my classmates who have tattoos in very compromising places to follow these simple steps.

Thanks Mz. More, this was very helpful

• Mz. More
      06.01.2011 / 7:46 am

No problem. I am glad that yoou found my tutorial useful!

10. 06.01.2011 / 4:35 am

Wow, omg. I’m so impressed. I’ve never been able to cover up my tattoos successfully lol

• Mz. More
      06.01.2011 / 7:53 am

As big as mine as is I had to find a way lol. I’ve had plenty of prractice though *sigh*

11. Ally
    06.02.2011 / 3:22 am

wow i super like this. I have a huge tat on my hand and my new job does not allow it. I will definitely have to cover it always. thanks a lot.

12. Tay
    08.09.2011 / 5:27 pm

Hey, I have a tattoo that I absolutely hate on my shoulder & back and I’m THANKFUL for finding your video on YouTube! But I have a few questions, my tattoo is leopard prints so there’s a lot of spots how do you recommend me to cover it & where can I find these items?

• Mz. More
      08.10.2011 / 7:39 am

Hi. You can cover it in the same way that I covered this tattoo. You can use a tattoo cover up wheel from Ben Nye instead of the Graftobian wheel as well. If you have a theater makeup store in your town you can find it there, or do a quick google search and you will find online retailers. The dermablend foundation is very good with great coverage too but you must set everything so it doesn’t rub off. The Ben Nye Final Seal spray is great to set everything after setting powder.

13. Tay
    08.10.2011 / 1:05 pm

thank you soooo much, gonna buy it today & try it out 🙂

14. 10.20.2011 / 1:59 am

Flawless!! I have a huge scar on my calf. Would this technique work for that as well?

• Mz More
      10.20.2011 / 6:51 am

Yes, if it is a flat scar it will work. If it is raised it will show through a bit just like a raised tattoo.

15. Tamara
    05.02.2012 / 8:46 pm

Hey sweetheart! You have really help me out with this turtorial:). I have my husbands name over my heart that I had done in December. He put mine on his wrist before his second deployment overseas, and I wanted to show my love to him that way. Though he completly understands that I don’t want the drama during summer vactation of my “old fashion” mother flipping out on me for having a tatoo LOL!! So THANK YOU so much for taking that stress off girl :)!

05.02.2012 / 11:38 pm

Lol no problem at all girl. Glad I could help! 🙂

16. jennifer
    09.21.2012 / 10:36 am

Hi Erika!
    I really loved your video. I just want to know if the dermablend is really good with blending. i dont know what color i would need. i am a little lighter than you. Which shade of brown should I get??

09.25.2012 / 12:14 pm

Thank you. I am not sure of all of the different shades. I would suggest a search of swatches online or to go to a counter near you if one is available.It blends pretty well.

17. Sara
    01.11.2013 / 12:05 am

THANK YOU. this is really incredible. I was turned down for an interview for my dream job yesterday because I have a visible tattoo so I’ve been wondering if there was a way to cover it without having to get it removed. you did an INCREDIBLE job, and I really, REALLY appreciate you taking the time to post this.

01.11.2013 / 9:52 am

No problem, glad my post helped you. Sorry you didn’t get the job but maybe something better is in store 🙂

18. Renee W.
    07.08.2013 / 4:55 pm

Great tutorial! Thanks so much!! 🙂

07.08.2013 / 4:58 pm

19. Shonda
    08.26.2015 / 9:49 am

Hey I was,wonder I g where do I get these products and if It will stay or melt/ rub off on clothes. I’m getting married and want to cover up a chest /shoulder ltattoo

08.27.2015 / 1:53 pm

I haven’t had it rub off once set. A quick Google search of each product mentioned will help you find a site to purchase. I believe I purchased the Graftobian wheel at The Makeup Show and the Dermablend at Macy’s.