Bag Lovin’: Christian Siriano for Payless

"Christian Siriano for Payless Mena Clutch"

Over the past few years, designers have been collaborating a lot with stores such as H&M, Target and Payless making the brands more accessible to consumers who otherwise may not be able to afford the merchandise.  The collections are usually a big hit and fly off the shelves and sell out online (when available) within hours. I am usually not one to go crazy over these collections, but when I caught a glimpse of the Fall 2010 Christian Siriano for Payless Collection, it immediately caught my eye. The shoes are a bit meh but the bags are simply beautiful, especially the Mena Clutch. I had to go check it out in person… and I fell in love.

The Mena Envelope Clutch is a faux-patent snakeskin clutch bag, the perfect size to carry all of your essentials for a night on the town. It is gorgeous and very well made. It has a very expensive look to it for $39.99. If I saw someone walking down the street with it in hand, no way would I think Payless. I am actually going to rock this clutch for my birthday party as it matches my dress perfectly. I am so glad that I decided to check it out.

The SA saw how excited I was and showed me another clutch from a past Christian Siriano Collection that was clearanced at $10 so I snatched that one up too…

I am totally impressed with the Christian Siriano for Payless Collection and I look forward to seeing more from him in the future.

Have you picked up anything from the Christian Siriano for Payless Collections or any of the other designer collections such as Lela Rose?

1. 09.13.2010 / 6:17 am

wow lovely ctutches hun,they look expensive,thanx for sharing

• Mz. More
      09.13.2010 / 6:44 am

No problem hon. They really do look like they cost much more than I spent.

2. 09.17.2010 / 6:52 pm

OMG. This bag is nice. But, whenever i pop into my local payless to view lela rose, alice & olivia or christian soriano… i can never find it.

• Mz. More
      09.18.2010 / 6:38 pm

Thank you. I couldn’t find it in mine at first either. I had to ask and the SA pointed out the section. It was under the Meet the Designers poster. Girl you better ask for some help next time lol 🙂

3. Elisa
    05.28.2011 / 5:51 pm

I know this is like a year later, but I was reading thru old posts and had to comment on this. I got a Christian Siriano for Payless purse that I LOVE. It’s an unusual shape (sort of like a modified rhombus), and made of faux gray snakeskin. Only thing is, I don’t use it as much as I should because it can fit weirdly on my shoulder, so I have to dangle it from my arm (which I normally don’t do). But I got it on clearance for $10, so the few times I do use it, it’s worth it!

• Mz. More
      05.28.2011 / 6:55 pm

That was a great deal and it sounds like a really cool bag!

4. Elisa
    05.29.2011 / 5:16 am

ooh I forgot to say…did you check out the matching shoes? They were called the Mena Dress Boot (I think it’s on eBay?) and they were HOT!!! I remember because I bought them, but then after walking around my house for a few hours I had to return them because they fit my feet oddly. But I so wish I could’ve kept them! You might want to look into them since they match =D I like that Payless always does matching purses for their designer collections, I haven’t bought a matching set yet for various reasons (eg, the current Lela Rose straw clutch is too small for me, the current Isabel Toledo black/white striped purse is HUGE, way too big), but someday I will! I know modern dressing is not supposed to be matchy-matchy but I don’t care, I like matching sometimes. Anyways, the Mena clutch is super-hot, and doesn’t look cheap at all!
    (And…I just realized I know way too much about Payless items…and I only have 3 Payless things right now, I swear! Hmmm…I guess I do a lot of browsing but not much buying?)

• Mz. More
      05.29.2011 / 1:14 pm

Thank you I will look them up. I have to admit, the designer collections have been really cute… but some pieces too much still for the quality. I love when the stuff go on sale!

5. Rhonda
    01.23.2013 / 3:46 pm

Looking for the purse named Trista,really want this, Payless has been out of stock since I saw it in Woman’s World mag in the Dec 10th issue